Victorian Sash Windows17/01/2020
Five Stunning Georgian Sash windows11/02/2020
What is a side hung window?
Side-hung windows, also known as casement windows are outward opening windows that are hinged at the side. This style of window actually preceded sash windows in Ireland and since have returned to fashion with their elegance and natural thermal efficiency.
Features of our side hung windows
- Elegant aesthetics
- Secure locking
- Thermal efficiency
- Low maintenance
- FSC timber
- Fully customisable
French casement windows
These windows can also be called French windows if there is no central mullion. That is to say, a French window, when opened has nothing to impede the view. However, as there is more workmanship involved, they will be more expensive than a traditional casement window.
Thermal efficiency of side hung / casement windows
These windows create a good seal by the nature of the window construction. The windows themselves, by design, have reduced air leakage. This is due to the fact that the windows seal against each other. As a guide, the average U-value for our windows is 1.3.
Why Timeless windows?
- Each window made to order by master craftsmen at our joinery in Trim. Joints are seamless and unseen due to the expertise of our team.
- Our dedicated on-site professionals will fit your windows. They are considerate, mindful and take care of your home.
- Top quality joinery with choices of profiles and glazing bars.
- Full range of paint colour choices, finished in Teknos specialist exterior joinery paint for a 7-10 year guarantee.
- High quality ironmongery by Croft, From the Anvil or Frank Allart of the UK, ordered according to your specifications and finish choices – brass, polished chrome or satin chrome.
- Timber frames manufactured using FSC certified timber.
- Timeless double draught seal system to ensure no air leakage around the windows.
- Various glazing options available, using award winning slimline double glazing. Acoustic glass, safety glass and UV protective coatings are among your choices.
- CE certified windows, class 4 air leakage and U-values. Our windows are independently tested in the UK.
- We can make flush or stormproof styles of windows for your home.
- We match original window designs accurately for conservation and heritage preservation, and to maintain or increase the value of your home.
Published on 22nd January 2020
Jennie Ritchie, Timeless Sash Windows