Environmental Policy and Sustainability Roadmap
Protecting our heritage, our environment and our community.
Timeless Sash Windows, Updated 11th January 2022.
We are a quality – motivated Irish joinery delivering excellence in traditional handcrafted timber window and door designs.
Since 1973, the Callaghan family has grown their depth of knowledge and expertise to becoming one of the most renowned experts on sash windows in Ireland today.
50% of our work is in the refurbishment of old windows to the exacting standards of conservation, maintaining the original timber and glass.
We employ approximately 50 people from the local community and are striving towards a green and lean future.
Timeless Sash Windows is aware that it’s business activities impact upon the environment and is committed to ensuring these activities have the least possible detrimental effect.
We are committed to:
▪ Complying fully with all relevant legal requirements, codes of practice and regulations.
▪ Assessing the environmental impacts of our operations, continuously seeking to reduce pollution and improving our resource efficiency through reduction of energy use and waste.
▪ Promoting environmental and energy awareness in our employees through participation and training.
▪ Working with our customers to make more environmentally sensitive choices.
▪ Monitoring our progress to ensure ongoing improvements in our environmental performance.
▪ Communicate this policy to stakeholders and the public and work with our neighbours to reduce the visual impact of our operations.
These commitments will be carried out in line with our environmental policy.
• Reducing our carbon footprint as part of a carbon management strategy.
• Optimise energy efficiency and conservation in all operations.
• Controlling and managing energy efficiency in our business and promoting energy efficiency.
• Reducing the impact of transportation of our goods.
• Actively promote reuse and recycling both internally and amongst our suppliers and customers.
• Minimising waste generation by applying reuse and recycle options where possible.
• Minimise waste generation and unnecessary resource usage during the stages of planning, design, commissioning and operation of new and existing processes, plant and equipment.
• Reducing packaging on all our products where feasible.
• Setting specific improvement targets, monitoring progress and communicating results internally.
• Continual improvement through the development of environmental performance evaluation procedures and associated indicators.
• Develop specific objectives to continually improve our environmental performance.
• Set objectives and targets for continuous improvement. Measure and review our performance regularly and communicate the results.
• Continual performance improvement in minimising environmental impacts of our business.
• Promoting continuous improvement by setting, monitoring and reviewing our environmental targets and objectives.
• Choosing suppliers and contractors that adopt best environmental practices and make this the procurement policy of our company.
• Purchasing products and services that have the least environmental impact, where this is feasible.
• Encouraging suppliers and contractors to implement sustainable environmental systems.
• Minimizing the use of hazardous chemicals and solvents.
• Using timber from sustainable sources.
• Encouraging environmental awareness among our employees through appropriate communication and training programmes.
• Promoting environmental awareness throughout our business.
• Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and conform to its standards.
• Continuous training of all staff in all environment related issues.
• Informing and motivating all of our staff and encouraging them to play an active role in committing to our environmental policy.
Barry Callaghan, CEO Timeless Sash Windows