Specialists in Historic Window Restoration06/05/2020
Impact resistant window BS618024/08/2020
Window Specifications and information for specifiers. Primarily for builders, architects, QS and developers
Who We Are
We are a timber window manufacturer with a long, reputable history spanning more than 45 years in the joinery business. Our workshop is based in Co. Meath and our fitters and painters service the whole of Ireland.
With a past record working with architects, builders and developers in Ireland and the UK, we have notably worked on the following:
- Ashford Castle
- Killeen Castle
- Harcourt Street Station
- Shelbourne Hotel
- ESB buildings
- Newbridge College
- Johnstown Castle
- American Ambassadors Residence
- Fleet Street hotel
- Hard Rock hotel
- 3 Henrietta Street
- Private houses in Dublin, see case study 1, case study 2, case study 3, case study 4
If you would like to see the quality of our products, we can provide you a list of addresses to drive by, or arrange a visit to our joinery and showroom in Trim, Co. Meath.
Ironmongery comes from suppliers in the UK and is top quality. You can choose between brass, polished chrome, satin chrome, antique brass and antique bronze finishes.
We have our windows independently tested in the UK to meet the following standards:
- BS 6180 (acting as protective barrier)
- A-rated window
- Whole window U-values as low as 1.4
- Class 4 air tightness certification
What We Do
All products are bespoke, made-to-order, custom timber items. We use sustainable, long lasting timber that is selected for each job. Typically we use accoya, sapele mahogany and iroko teak. The ironmongery is sourced from the UK and is a high quality range. We paint in-house, from our spray painting booth, and also by hand on site.
Our lead time for manufacture is 6-12 weeks, depending on workload. This will be indicated to you at the outset.
With the machinery and expertise of our craftsmen, we produce the following products:
- New sash windows – for newbuilds, or for period properties that need windows matched for conservation and aesthetic reasons
- Conservation / Historic windows – we refurbish windows in line with good conservation practise for all ages of protected structures, working with conservation architects and local authorities for full compliance
- Sliding sash windows or box sash windows – the majority of windows are cord and pulley but we also manufacture/refurbish spring sash windows or spiral balance
- Bow windows and bay windows
- Casement windows – also known as open-out windows. We manufacture all styles of casement windows.
- Shutters – repairs or replacement period style shutters and shutter boxes.
- Doors – hardwood front doors, side doors, back doors, French / double doors, pocket / sliding doors.
Due to setup reasons and in order to ensure a competitive quote, we mainly work with orders for more than four windows.
To produce a valid quote, we need the following information from you:
- Client name
- Property Address
- Number and size of windows
- Drawings and elevations in the case of new windows
- Type of glazing required
- We will need to complete a full survey of old windows that need refurbishment before quoting, in order to measure and check the condition
- Quotes are valid for 60 days
To discover more, see our posts on:
Send an email to i[email protected] to request a quote or further window specifications.
7th July 2020, Timeless Sash Windows